- 6-7 p.m.
- Fourth Tuesday of every other month in January, March, May, July, September, and November.
- Department of Social Services Conference Room
The board is made up of five citizens appointed by the City Council
. Board members are appointed for a term of four years and may not serve more than two consecutive terms.
The purpose of the advisory board is:
- To interest itself in all matters pertaining to public assistance and social services needed by the citizens of the City
- To make an annual report to the governing body concerning the administration of the public assistance and service programs
- To meet with the city manager, who constitutes the local board, at least six times per year for the purpose of recommendations on policy matters concerning the department
- To monitor the formulation and implementation of public assistance and social services programs by the department
- To submit to the governing body other reports from time to time that the Board deems appropriate
The local advisory board is authorized per Virginia Code Section 63.2-305.