Click to Home

Go To Search
Fire Department

Group Photo

The Norton Fire Department was established in 1921 

Our main station is located at 618 Virginia Avenue, NW in the Municipal Building Complex.  Our second station is located at the intersection of Coeburn Ave and Market Street.

We have a staff of 35 members including a Chief, two Assistant Chiefs, two Captains, and four Lieutenants.

We currently operate 9 apparatus including two engines, an 85’ tower, heavy rescue truck, brush truck, haz-mat unit, one chiefs/ command vehicle and two quick response vehicles.

We serve both the City of Norton (7.5 sq. miles) as well as the surrounding area of Wise County (35.7 sq. miles).

Our services include fire suppression, vehicle rescue/ extrication, hazardous materials response, fire prevention and education.

Our average response time is 2 ½ minutes after receiving notification from dispatch.

Farmers Market Logo