To be eligible to register to vote in Virginia, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of Virginia.
- You must be a U.S. citizen.
- You must be 18 years old, or 18 by the next general election.
- You cannot claim the right to vote in any other state.
- You cannot be currently declared mentally incompetent by a court of law.
- If a convicted felon, your right to vote must be restored.
You can obtain a Voter Registration Application at any DMV, public library, social service agency, or voter registrar’s office in Virginia, or you may download the form here, complete, sign, and fax or mail it to the registrar’s office at: 201 Park Ave. NE P.O. Box 225 Norton, VA 24273